Wednesday, March 24, 2010

What to eat?

Robert and I love to eat, and we try our best to cook often. Here are some of our attempts!


TACO-RRITO




















We got out of church and didn't want to spend money so in ten minutes, I whipped up: a taco-rrito (taco + burrito). It has eggs, spinach, chicken sausage w/ mango, bell pepper, and lots of cilantro on top of a toasted flour tortilla.



GRILLED BEEF & SWEET POTATOES




















It was not the slowest evening. I must have had a paper due or something, but we wanted to cook something hearty. The beef was tender and well-spiced. (Good job, Robert!) And then I just nuked the sweet potatoes and mashed them well with organic butter.


FILIPINO DISH: PINAKBET
(JIMI & ROBERT'S VERSION)


















I was craving Filipino food, and this was a pretty good try. Pinakbet is something I grew up with: lots of vegetables. So we bought a buttersquash-yam combo from Trader Joe's, along with organic green beans. We sauteed garlic and onion, added the chicken sausage, and then steamed the vegetables with them. Voila! It's not like my grandmother's, but it was good for the time being.

1 comment:

K@ said...

yum yum yum !!!

=)