Monday, May 31, 2010

OH HOLY HEAVENS. IT'S JUNE 2010.

SO MUCH has changed in the course of a year.
I am finally finishing my thesis!
Robert started taking a couple of courses at the Cabrillo Community College.
We moved into another apartment that has quickly become an awesome home for us.
My brothers and I are CLOSER THAN EVER with our shared secrets.
My godson is attending high school next year.
FaceBook has reconnected me to more people than I could hope for.
My parents are getting older (duh) but it also means that I'm more aware of their health.
I hear my bones crack more often -- but not a deterrent for climbing!
In fact, we're now climbing at 5.10a/b (versus 5.8/5.9 from last year).
And even though we don't have kids on our own, we revel at our friends' babies' developments!
My friends' circumstances are changing as well, and we have to continue working hard to stay close.

There have been days when I cried because so many things are changing. Because I have felt so scared about getting older and losing people. Because I have felt overwhelmed by my future responsibilities. For example, I cried the first time I signed a lease contract. Not in front of the person, of course.

Still, the world rotates and revolves around the sun. And I cannot make time stand still. And the peculiar thing I learned is that the reason why I'm so scared sometimes is because I am very, very aware of life and death. And I like to keep both in mind in order to do both very well. I live well to die well. And to aim to die well means I aim to live well. Does that make sense?

1 comment:

K@ said...

i Loved this ... i actuaLLy teared up when i read it *sigh* i feeL you ... *hug* so excited to see you soon <3

word verif: desseart, it's like dessert + heart *smiLe*